If you’ve ever walked around in a pair of Converses, you know that this brand is synonymous with comfort and style. But for those who spend a lot of time on their feet, the question becomes: are Converses good walking shoes?
The answer is a resounding yes. Here are few reasons why:
1. Superior Arch Support: Converses are built with a rocker sole, which gives each pair of shoes a wide platform, allowing you to walk naturally. This is especially important for those who spend a lot of time walking, whether it’s for business or pleasure.
2. Lightweight: Despite the brand’s notoriety as the ultimate in comfort and all-day wear, Converses aren’t heavy at all; they weigh less than most other brands’ walking shoes.
3. Breathable: Converses also have a rubber sole that’s permeable, which allows air to circulate freely. This is important as it helps reduce fatigue and foot odor.
4. Rubber: Many of the best walking shoes are made with a durable rubber sole, which makes them more comfortable and suitable for all-day wear. Some brands of the best walking shoes even include arch support so you get the most out of your walking experience.
5. Flexible: Versatility is an important factor when looking for a good pair of walking shoes. Many people who use their walking shoes in the winter layer them with socks or even wear extra thick ones to ensure the shoe fits well. Being flexible, Converses are easy to wear with all types of clothing, even heavy winter jackets.
6. Fashionable: Though they were originally invented as a casual working-class shoe, Converse have exploded in popularity amongst teens and college students as fashion accessories. There are many different styles within the collection, from canvas to leather to suede.
7. Versatility: Whether you’re a casual shoe person or prefer something more formal, you can find the perfect pair of Converse for you. Some models can be dressed up for a night on the town or dressed down for everyday wear.
8. Unisex: Most of the models are unisex; you can wear Converse with jeans, dress pants, skirts, or even as formal shoes. This is especially nice for women who want something stylish but also functional.
9. Affordable: Though you pay more for a good pair of walking shoes than most other types of casual shoes, Converses may be the best choice for individuals who want a versatile shoe that’s comfortable and durable.
10. Long-lasting: Converses are built to last all day; they don’t look shabby, nor do they lose their shape or feel out of place after constant wear and tear.
Does it hurt to walk in Converse?
Many people have misconceptions about the pain involved in wearing Converse all day. For instance, many people think you have to break them in before you can wear them comfortably, which is simply not true. If a pair of Converse is comfortable out of the box they will feel great while you’re on your feet walking.
Are Converse sneakers good for running?
Yes, Converse are good walking shoes and also great for sports. You will be able to run, jump and do anything else you need to without any issues. Some people even prefer Converses while doing outdoor exercises because their light weight and flexibility make them comfortable. The only thing you should avoid is running on very rocky terrain because the rocker sole design of Converses can cause some discomfort on uneven surfaces.
How To Make Your Converse More Comfortable
Many people think that all they need to do is throw a few pairs of Converse in their closet and they will be good to go, never going through the hassle of shopping for new shoes again.
Converse shoes can be worn comfortably right out of the box but many people feel that their shoes are uncomfortable when it comes to long-term use.
If you’ve been wearing your Converse for more than a few months without breaking them in then there are things you can do to make them more comfortable.
One recommended option is to rub some mink oil on your shoes. The oil will provide some cushion and will help reduce friction between your foot and the bottom of your shoe.
You can also do some deep cleaning in your Converse shoes. You can apply a very small amount of black shoe polish onto a soft cloth and wipe the soles clean of any dirt or mud. If you don’t have any black shoe polish then you can use saddle soap.
To Sum Up: Are Converses Good Walking Shoes?
Converse are great walking shoes. They are made with a comfortable (yet stylish) upper but also have a flexible and lightweight rocker sole ideal for long hours on your feet. These qualities combined mean that you can walk comfortably in them, even when you’re on your busiest days.