Last Updated on January 2023
The 5 Best Volleyball Shoes for Setters: A Guide to Choosing the Perfect Pair
“Discover the best volleyball shoes for setters with our comprehensive guide. Learn the key features to look for and find the perfect pair for your needs and preferences.”
Our Top Picks for the Best Volleyball Shoes For Setters
1. Nike HyperAce 2
- Durability and support for hardcourt surfaces
- Zoom Air unit for lightweight cushioning
- TPU cage for a supportive fit and feel
- Breathable mesh for comfortable and cool feel
- Responsive cushioning
- rubber outsole for traction
- Pull tab on heel for easy entry
2. Nike KD 14
- Zero-Distraction Fit, Broken-In Feel for comfort and support
- Hook-and-loop strap for added support and secure fit
- Full-length Air Zoom Strobel unit for responsive sensation and weight reduction
- Cushlon foam for added comfort
- Multidirectional traction and court feel with grooves and ridges in the sole
- Stiff piece under the arch for stability
- Unique design with inspiration from the shape of the grim reaper’s scythe and skull face on the sole.
3. ASICS Women’s Gel-Rocket 9
- Lightweight mesh upper with synthetic overlays for structured support and comfort
- Foam-padded collar and tongue for added cushioning
- Breathable mesh lining and cushioned footbed for added comfort
- Traditional lacing closure for optimal fit
- Molded-EVA midsole for enhanced cushioning and shock absorption
- Rear and forefoot GEL® Cushioning System for shock-absorbing support and superior movement
- Trusstic System® Technology for weight reduction without compromising structural integrity
- Rubber and gum rubber outsole with high natural rubber content for durability and traction.
4. ASICS Men’s Sky Elite FlyteFoam 2
- GEL technology cushioning for excellent shock absorption
- DYNAWRAP technology for improved stability during side-to-side movements
- Solution dye sockliner for reduced water usage and carbon emissions
- FLYTEFOAM Propel technology cushioning for increased impact absorption and responsiveness
- TWISTRUSS technology for improved jumping force and energy efficiency
- Curved heel design for smooth forward transition and cutting towards the net
- DYNAWRAP lacing system for improved stability and power during jumps
- Thicker midsole for added underfoot comfort and higher jumps
- Specifically designed for attackers in Volleyball
5. LI-NING All City Wade
- Li-Ning BOOM technology for sensitive startup response
- PROBAR LOC thermoplastic stabilization device for support and arch support during propulsion stage
- Li-Ning CLOUD cushioning technology for effective impact absorption and energy rebound
- Functional shoelace system for support and wrapping
- Hollow midsole design for weight reduction
- Lateral support structure design for improved lateral support performance
- Care Instructions: Machine Washable
- Materials: Textile, Synthetic Leather, Rubber
Are you a setter in search of the perfect pair of volleyball shoes? Look no further!
As a setter, having the right shoes can make all the difference on the court.
Whether you’re digging for balls or jumping to set, the right shoe can provide the necessary traction, support, and stability to help you perform at your best.
But with so many options available, it can be overwhelming to know where to start.
So, what are the top volleyball shoes for setters, and how do you choose the right pair for you?
1. Best Overall: Nike HyperAce 2
The Nike HyperAce 2 is a great option for setters who want a lightweight, stable shoe that offers support and cushioning.
It’s mesh material upper provides breathability and stability, while rubber outsole provides traction.
The Zoom Air unit allows the shoe to be light on your feet yet provide the cushioning you need to perform at your best.
It’s durablity and lightweight construction allows you to play all day, every day. You can keep the HyperAce 2 on your feet for the whole game without feeling tired.
The HyperAce 2 is made from synthetic leather, so you don’t have to worry about bacteria and odor buildup.
The unique combination of lightweight cushioning, stability, and durability makes it a great choice for any setter who needs support and protection.
Q: What type of shoe is the Nike Zoom HyperAce 2?
A: The Nike Zoom HyperAce 2 is a men’s volleyball shoe designed for hardcourt surfaces.
A: The shoe features a mesh outer material and a rubber sole. The upper also has a TPU cage for support and stability.
A: Yes, the shoe features a Zoom Air unit for lightweight cushioning and a foam midsole for responsive cushioning.
A: Yes, the shoe is designed to be durable with a TPU cage on the upper for extra support and excellent durability, as well as a durable rubber tread for traction.
A: Yes, the mesh material allows for breathability to keep your feet cool and comfortable during use.
- Good grip, doesn’t slide
- True to size
- Good support
- Durable for long practices
- Not good for wide feet
If you’re looking for a shoe that combines comfort, support, and durability, the Nike HyperAce 2 is a great choice. Its smooth ride provides added confidence in your game.
2. Also Consider: Nike KD 14
The Nike KD 14 (Men’s) is an excellent choice for any setter that needs a shoe with a versatile combination of cushioning, stability, and durability.
The upper features a combination of synthetic leather and mesh material that provides breathability and support.
The unique construction of the KD 14 allows you to play all day, every day without feeling tired or uncomfortable. You can keep the shoes on your feet all game without getting sore.
You won’t have to worry about bacterial growth or odor development because the KD 14 is made of synthetic leather.
It’s an excellent option for any setter who needs support and protection due to its exceptional blend of lightweight cushioning, stability, and durability.
With the Zoom Air unit beneath the foot’s arch and heel, the KD 14 offers excellent responsiveness. It offers responsive cushioning so you won’t feel like you’re walking around in heavy shoes.
The KD 14’s upper is engineered with the most streamlined design, allowing the foot to move without getting in the way of your movements, making it lightweight, strong, and stable. On the court, you’ll feel quick, fluid, and focused the entire game.
Q: What materials are used in the construction of the shoe?
A: The shoe features a multilayer mesh upper and a rubber sole.
A: The multilayer mesh upper is designed to be lightweight and dimensional with a broken-in feel, and added thickness in strategic areas helps to keep your foot in place by reducing small movements for a comfortable fit.
A: The shoe features a full-length Air Zoom Strobel unit that is stitched directly to the upper, which helps cut unnecessary weight and provides full-foot responsiveness. Cushlon foam is also added for added comfort
A: Yes, the design of the shoe features a subtle nod to the strap of the KD4 and takes inspiration from the shape of the grim reaper’s scythe, and both shoes together reveal the face of a skull.
- The outsole has wider right angles and linear panels for improved traction on the court
- Full-length Cushlon and Zoom
- Strobel provide exceptional comfort underfoot
- The materials are thicker and more maximalist for added comfort
- The lateral bridge in the midfoot helps to discourage foot from rolling over
- The shoe conforms nicely to the foot for a good fit
- The tread is deep for outdoor use
- The shoe may be slightly narrow for those with wider feet
- Those with longer toes or wider feet may need to go up half a size for a better fit.
The Nike KD 14 is a great choice for any setter who needs to stay comfortable and protected on the court. It’s durable synthetic leather construction keeps the shoes feeling light and fresh all game long.
3. Also Consider: ASICS Gel-Rocket 9
The ASICS GEL-Rocket 9 is the first shoe in ASICS’ new GEL-Rocket line of lightweight, responsive shoes. It’s designed with a triple zone cushioning system that responds to your step like you’re running on a cloud, and gives you more energy with every push.
The EVA midsole responds to your step for ultimate rebound, and has added input from ASICS’ latest cushioning technology into the 3D mesh upper for a perfect fit.
The exterior of the GEL-Rocket 9 is made from synthetic leather, so you don’t have to worry about socks or odor buildup. This shoe is designed with breathable mesh into the openings around your toes and ankle, which allows for added breathability and comfort.
With synthetic leather and a high quality construction, the ASICS GEL-Rocket 9 is a great option for any setter who needs support and protection.
Q: What materials are used in the construction of the shoe?
A: The shoe features a lightweight mesh upper with synthetic overlays, foam-padded collar and tongue, breathable mesh lining, cushioned footbed, and a rubber and gum rubber outsole.
A: The shoe features synthetic overlays on the upper for structured support and a traditional lacing closure for an optimal fit. The Trusstic System Technology reduces weight without compromising the structural integrity of the shoe.
A: The shoe features a foam-padded collar and tongue, breathable mesh lining, cushioned footbed, Molded-EVA midsole and a Rear and forefoot GEL® Cushioning System for shock-absorbing support and superior movement.
A: The shoe features a rubber and gum rubber outsole with high natural rubber content for durability and traction.
A: The shoe features a Elastic EVA midsole that gives it extra cushioning and exceptional rebound properties.
- Comfortable and supportive
- Durable and long-lasting
- Good tread for indoor use on carpet
- Good sole grip and traction
- Good foot support
- Shock absorbent sole
- Upper is partially fabric for breathability
- Some customers might need to order a half size bigger than their regular shoe size
If you’re looking for a shoe that provides great support and cushioning, but also a little bit of flexibility in the sole, the ASICS GEL-Rocket 9 is an excellent choice for setters.
4. Also Consider: ASICS Sky Elite FlyteFoam 2
The ASICS Men’s Sky Elite FlyteFoam 2 has a unique training shoe design that makes it convenient and comfortable. It features a mesh upper to help keep your foot cool and supported.
The SKYTRAX platform in the heel provides lightweight stability while the FlyteFoam Propel midsole provides comfort and cushioning. This setter shoe also features a rubber sole for high traction.
The Sky Elite is a great choice if you’re looking for a lightweight, stable, and durable shoe. It features a thermo-textile shell that helps keep you cool and soft.
The SKYTRAX midsole allows your feet to breathe and the FlyteFoam midsole provides cushioning. This shoe is a great option if you’re looking for a lightweight, stable, and durable shoe.
Q: What technologies are used in the construction of the shoe?
A: The shoe features GEL technology cushioning, DYNAWRAP technology, Solution dye sockliner, FLYTEFOAM Propel technology cushioning, and TWISTRUSS technology.
A: The shoe features GEL technology cushioning for excellent shock absorption and FLYTEFOAM Propel technology cushioning for increased impact absorption and responsiveness.
A: The shoe features DYNAWRAP technology for improved stability during side-to-side movements, TWISTRUSS technology for improved jumping force and energy efficiency, and a curved heel design for smooth forward transition and cutting towards the net.
A: The shoe features TWISTRUSS technology that increases jumping force by working with a wider lateral forefoot gauge and the DYNAWRAP lacing system. Together, these technologies improve stability when braking and decrease power loss during jumps
A: The shoe features a Solution dye sockliner that helps reduce overall water usage
- Lightweight and durable
- Durable thermotextile and FlyteFoam midsole
- Breathable mesh upper
- Midsole offers fantastic cushioning.
- Stiff sole for quick cutting on the court
- Slightly tight fit for those with wider feet.
- Sizing inconsistency with other ASICS shoes
The Sky Elite is a great option if you’re looking for a lightweight, stable, and durable shoe. It features a thermo-textile shell that helps keep your feet cool and comfortable.
5. Also Consider: LI-NING All City Wade
The LI-NING All City Wade’s lightweight, synthetic leather upper provides breathability and stability. The rubber outsole provides traction and durability on hardcourt surfaces.
The midsole is a foam unit that absorbs impact from landing during jumps and helps provide cushioning for your feet as you run.
This helps eliminate the risk of injuries during your game and improves comfort all the while making it easier to move around on the court.
It’s Durable rubber outsole provides excellent traction, while it’s Flex grooves and cages on the upper enhance flexibility and performance.
With it’s lightweight construction, you won’t have to worry about feeling weighed down when running or performing quick moves. This can help improve your explosiveness and performance on the court.
The Li Ning All City Wade is a great choice for setters who want a lightweight shoe that provides support and cushioning.
Q: What materials are used in the construction of the Li-Ning All City Wade?
A: The shoe features a combination of synthetic leather, mesh, and TPU materials for durability and support.
A: Yes, the shoe features a rubber outsole with a herringbone pattern for superior traction on various surfaces.
A: The shoe is designed to fit true to size, so it is recommended to order your usual size for the best fit.
A: While the shoe is designed for urban play, it can also be used for outdoor play on concrete or asphalt surfaces.
- Lightweight construction allows you to play comfortably all day long.
- Durable rubber outsole provides excellent traction.
- Provides cushioning throughout the foot, helping reduce the risk of injuries to your feet and ankles.
- Low-to-the-ground and bouncy cushioning
- Good fit and performance
- Durable and shows little to no wear after constant outdoor use
- Not suitable for indoor use
- No wide width options available
This shoe is a great choice for setters looking for a lightweight, comfortable pair of shoes that provide stability and cushioning. The durability issues make this shoe less than ideal, but the low price makes it an attractive option for those on a tight budget.
How to Choose the Right Volleyball Shoes for Setters
When it comes to choosing the right volleyball shoes for setters, there are a few key things to consider.
Each player has unique needs and preferences, and what works for one person may not work for another.
Here are some key characteristics to look for in shoes suitable for setters:
|Support||Setters need shoes that provide support for their feet and ankles, as they are constantly jumping and landing. This can help prevent injuries and improve performance.|
|Stability||Setters need shoes that provide stability for their feet and ankles, as they are constantly moving around the court and making quick, precise movements. This can help improve performance and prevent injuries.|
|Agility||Setters need shoes that provide agility, as they are constantly moving around the court and making quick, precise movements. This can help improve performance and allow them to make quick adjustments on the court.|
|Cushioning||Setters need shoes that provide cushioning, as they are constantly jumping and landing. This can help improve comfort and reduce the risk of injuries.|
|Traction||Setters need shoes that provide good traction, as they are constantly moving around the court and making quick, precise movements. This can help improve performance and prevent injuries.|
Frequently Asked Question
A: Some popular brands for volleyball shoes for setters include Nike, Adidas, Asics, and Mizuno.
A: Setters typically need shoes that provide good traction, support, and stability. Low-top shoes with a rubber sole are often recommended for setters, as they provide good traction while allowing for quick and agile movements.
A: While padding is important for comfort and support, too much padding can actually impede movement and make you feel less agile on the court. Be sure to look for a shoe that has enough padding to keep your feet comfortable, but also allows you to move freely.
A: The lifespan of a volleyball shoe can vary depending on how often you play and the conditions of the court. Typically, you should replace your shoes every 300 to 500 miles, or when the treads are worn down and the shoes are no longer providing the support and traction you need.
A: Not necessarily, volleyball shoes are unisex and can be used by both men and women. However, some brands have specific lines for women’s shoes that may have a different design or fit.
A: No, Indoor and beach volleyball have different requirements for shoes. Indoor shoes need to be more stable and have more grip on the court while beach volleyball shoes are often lighter and designed to be used on a sandy surface.
Yes, it matters what shoes you wear for volleyball because different shoes are designed for different sports and activities. Volleyball shoes are specifically designed to provide the support, stability, and traction required for the quick movements and jumps involved in the sport. They also typically have a raised heel to help with jumping and landing. It’s important to wear appropriate shoes for volleyball to reduce the risk of injury and improve your performance.
Basketball shoes can be a good option for volleyball setters because they often have similar features that are beneficial for the sport of volleyball.
Many basketball shoes have a flat and wide outsole, which can provide good stability and traction for the setter’s movements on the court.
They also often have good support and cushioning to protect the feet and ankles from the impact of jumping and landing.
Setters need shoes that provide support and cushioning for their large feet. Shoes need to be lightweight, agile, and durable. Setters also have unique needs related to traction and stability.
When it comes to volleyball shoes, you don’t want to settle for the first pair of shoes you find at your local store. In addition to providing the right comfort and support, these shoes need to be flexible and durable.
You also don’t want to overpay for a pair of volleyball shoes you don’t feel confident in, either. You need to find a pair of shoes that fits your style of play and matches the demands you face while playing volleyball.
Table of Contents
Hi there, my name is Aditya and I am a runner, NASAM certified coach, and a fitness and nutrition enthusiast. Running has been my passion for as long as I can remember, and I am truly grateful that I get to pursue it every day. When I’m not coaching or running, you can often find me admiring my collection of running shoes. My love for shoes started at a young age, and I have since grown a collection that I am proud of.